With Ramadan around the corner, it’s time to think of how we can give back to the community.
This June 14 and 15 at The International Centre, we will have our Charity Partner with us and we would love it if you would help us in supporting the Muslim Welfare Centre of Toronto!
This wonderful organization is back with Halal Food Festival for the second year in a row to bring light to their integral programs within the community.
Here are some of the initiatives Muslim Welfare Centre will be sharing with you at the two-day festival:
- Food Bank, including an upcoming Project Ramadan Baskets
- Seniors’ Halal Meals on Wheels
- Public School Nutrition
- Free Medical Clinic, see first hand how they help people who do not have medical insurance while they offer attendees free screening for BMI, cardio, Blood pressure, etc.
- Village Development in other parts of the world
We have also teamed up with One Love Islam to sell 100% Halal T-Shirts at Halal Food Fest 2014 and $5 towards every purchase will go towards Muslim Welfare Centre and their amazing programs!
If you’re looking to bring in some non-perishable food items for their food bank, please see the below list for items you can donate:
- Lentils (daal)
- Pasta sauce
- Tomato paste
- Canned beans
- Baby formula
- Body soap
- Laundry detergent (powder)
- Baby diapers
- Toys (suitable for ages 1-5)
Help us give back to the community and those in need!
Be sure to visit their booth #536 to learn more on their local and international work and how you can get involved.
Original post: http://halalfoodfestto.com/muslim-welfare-centre/